Thursday, April 30, 2009

World's End -- A Hidden Treasure Practically on my Doorstep!!

I feel like I discovered a hidden treasure last weekend!! I'd heard of this 'World's End' before and naturally, the name intrigued me. I located it on the map, but still didn't really pursue it until last Saturday afternoon with my friend Tisha.

It cost us $5 each to get in there, which I grumbled over a bit, but once in there.... wow....
These photos below, taken on my cell phone, do NOT do it justice, see these for a better sense of the place: http://www.shutterscript.com/2007/03/24/worlds-end

Living here on the South Shore and so near Boston, I long for the quiet and peace of nature. I really am a country girl at heart and so exploring World's End was an absolute DELIGHT! At times I felt like I was back home on one of the mission stations I grew up on in Africa, the smell of the grass and the earth took me right back. Then at other times, strolling along the lane lined with stately old trees, I felt transported to England. We saw a garter snake, cormorants, chipmunk, red-tailed hawk, red-wing blackbirds, great white egret... I'll have to come back with binoculars and a bird book!

I realize I'm ridiculously happy about this find and I hope to go back very soon... and who cares about spending $5 anyway, most folks spend more than that in a week on coffee anyway!!

For more info: http://www.thetrustees.org/pages/39632_world_s_end.cfm

















4 comments:

Linda said...

Have a Great Weekend Beth
Hugs to you!
Linda

Beth said...

Hi Linda,
thanks! I hope you do too!

P.S. By the way, I realize I never answered your question about the jewelry...yes, I do make and sell them. It started out as a hobby and then people started commissioning them and now I make them and sell at craft fairs.

Linda said...

Cool! I need to go back and have a better look...lol

Linda said...

Is there any way I can get a price? and can you send them via mail?